Re: MX300

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Alan Todd wrote:

> wondering if anyone has installed and got sound for this device
> i got it to work with mandrake and redhat but not debian
>
> http://linux.aureal.com is where i got them from to start with
>
> Thanks for the help

I don't own an Aureal chipset based sound card, however I'm positive that
if it works on Redhat & Mandrake it will work with Debian. It is after all
a piece of software meant to interact with the kernel, a consistent
element regardless of distro.

Perhaps you could elaborate on your problem. Is your kernel compiled with
sound support with no sound modules as indicated in the readme file
included with the driver distribution? Do you have problems compiling the
module? What kernel are you using? What kernel were you using with the
other distros? Details, please!

Jason

Jason Christensen                  Ideas won't keep;
jason@jasonchristensen.net         something must be done about them.
www.jasonchristensen.net                     - Alfred North Whitehead