Re: Can't mount data CD burned using Windows SW

At 08:07 PM 3/16/00 -0500, you wrote:
>    CB> Sounds like the CDROM drive at home is having problems
>    CB> physically reading the data off of the media.  This could have a
>    CB> couple of causes.  Media could be one --- I have a 52x Creative
>
>Turns out the problem was a bad CD-ROM drive. The CD-ROM refused to read

I'm coming in on the tail end of this one, but ran into something similar
myself recently with a Stormix CD burned here (work) which I tried to use
at home in a 5-6 year old CD.  No go.  Worked here on a 3 year old system
without a hitch.

A student of mine pointed out that in his experience the older drives can
have trouble with new CD's, particularly if they are burned on the higher
capacity discs (that's what I had used, even though it was an image under
650Mb).

I haven't tried a normal capacity disc there yet.

Kenward

                                          .'^~;,_
Dr. Kenward Vaughan                       ':,^'````
Professor of Chemistry                    \;:/
Bakersfield College                       |,;|
Bakersfield, CA  93305                   / ', \
                                        / o  O \
kvaughan@bc.cc.ca.us                   (oOoOOoOo)