Re: dhcpd and slink

Mark Hannon wrote:
> I am having major trouble getting dhcpd and slink to work. (Details of
> system
> below).  I can start the dhcp up, but I never see any dhcp activity in the
> system
> logs and can't obtain an IP address for my Win98 laptop.  Any suggestions
> as to what I can try?  [I have already tried the dhcp beta version but it is
> the same]
dhcp on my slink works fine.
On my network there was a WinNT dhcp server with 30 days lease time,
so until don't spent 15 days, our Win95 client don't send any dhcp
request. I think a TCP/IP deinstall/reintall on Winxx is a workaround.

btw for 2 addresses I think using dhcp is waste of resources,
try static addresses.

Karesz.