Re: Can no-one help? Gnome has lost all but the basic icons on desktop

On Sun, 05 Mar 2000, Phillip Deackes wrote:

> I think that upgrading from Storm Rain (=Slink) to Potato (and hence
> upgrading to Potato Gnome apps and libs) caused the problem. I
> understand it is part of Debian received wisdom that no file in ~/ is
> tampered with during an install or upgrade. Is this so?

I don't believe personal config files are modified during
installs/upgrades, but often the *format* of said configuration files
can change. The gnome files in Slink and the gnome files in Potato are
separated by almost a years worth of development. It would not be
unheared of for the format of the configuration files to have changed
and Gnome to have been confused.

later,
joseph
--
the "LaterDude"
ICQ: 52640402

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.