Re: installing- last try before win98

what does your install.bat file say

what directory do you have these files in?

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, smoke wrote:

> i downloaded the files from the getting started, dos install. i have
> install, linux drv1440.bin, loadlin.exe, root.bin,resc1440.bin and
> base2_1.tgz. i run the install bat and get a command to enter kernal
> name. i tried linux and nothing happens. WHAT IS THE KERNEL out of
> these files? IS LINUX SUPPOSED TO HAVE AN EXTENSION? IF I DO GET AN
> INSTALLATION TO WORK WILL I SEE A GRAPHICS PAGE OR JUST
> #
> #
> #
> # ?

> i want to learn linux, but if it is uninstallable without knowing unix
> commands i will buy windows 98.

that's like saying "i want to learn to read, but i don't want to have to
know how to turn the pages in the book."

just pokin' fun

<snip>

--
Aaron S. Hawley -> Aaron.Hawley @ uvm.edu  -> http://www.uvm.edu/~ashawley
University of Vermont -> 2nd year student | Home:  Vergennes, VT, USA