RE: best place to put ipchains settings?

On 06-Mar-2000 John G. Norman wrote:
> On debian potato (2.2.12) . . .
>
> I've been examining the files in the various /etc/rc* directories on
> debian, and I'm not sure where I should put my ipchains commands.
>
> What's the best place?

I put mine in /etc/ipchains/ipchains.rules
and I have a startup script in /etc/init.d

After the recent netbase upgrade (it messed things up) I had to run
'update-rc.d -f packetfilter remove' and I put this in my /etc/ppp/ip-up:
/etc/init.d/packetfilter start

and /etc/init.d/packetfilter stop
in /etc/ppp/ip-down

I liked it better the way things were, but the recent netbase package threw a
monkey wrench in the works.

--
Andrew
btw the 'packetfilter' script I got from the documentation for netbase, I