Merging a set of CD's to a local depository

DEAR DEBIAN USERS,

I have multicd set containing an unofficial release of Debian Potato
made a few days ago following the instructions and tools suplied with
Debian.
Now I would like to make a local depository on my hardrive using the
packages on the CDs. I am thinking about just copying each of the CDs to
directories on the HD and adding these to /etc/apt/sources.list, but I
am sure there are better ways to do this.
Anyone?

/Christian