Remote Printing

Hi,

I am trying to set up my printcap to print on to a laser printer
connected to another machine. My /etc/printcap is as follows:

#Local   haralu.xrdlab.mysore
lp|ex1000:\
	:lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/ex1000:\
	:sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
	:if=/etc/magicfilter/epsonlq-filter:\
	:af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

#Remote
laser|lj|hplj4mp:\
	:sd=/var/spool/lpd/hplj4mp:\
	:rm=vayu.xrdlab.mysore:\
	:rp=hplj4mp:\
	:lp=/dev/null:\
	:sh:

On the machine vayu.xrdlab.mysore, my /etc/host.lpd has an entry
haralu.xrdlab.mysore.

On haralu, if I give a command

      lpr -Plaser test.ps

I get the following message:

   lpr: connect: Connection refused
   jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.

lpq shows 'no entries' on both the machines. If it is of any help, I
can ping the machines and telnet between them. Any pointers would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

sridhar

Sridhar M.A.                            Powered by:
University of Mysore, Manasagangotri      Debian GNU/Linux 2.1
Mysore 570 006, INDIA