Re: ppp: frame with bad fcs

At 03:33 PM 3/2/00 -0600, fairfax@pclink.com wrote:
"...something munging bytes on the way through," is what I assume.

I can load the same pages on my Win95 laptop with no problem with the same ISP, so it appears to be Linux somehow that is doing this.
I had a similar problem a couple of months ago (just after upgrading the kernel to 2.2.x). Some file just could not be downloaded using linux but worked fine using windows. Sometimes a file transfer (ftp) would stop cold, but other things (like e-mail downloads) would still continue. After trying just about everything, the problem went away when I lowered the modem speed in the ppp options file to 57600.