Re: Cups 1.0.5

Hi Jim,
	Thanks for your reply.
	Can you tell me more about how you worked around it
by changing some of the macros in the a2ps config files ?

	Temporary, I reinstalled the lprng package but could
not print in kde (console, netscape & wordperfect 8 is ok).

	Thank you.
	Alan

> Hi dear Debian gurus,
>
>     I am a home user running slink (Debian 2.1).
>
>     I've installed the cups 1.0.5 deb package which overwrites my
> original lprng package.
> But when I try to print something like
>     lpr ~/.bashrc it says     lpr: error -- no default destination
> avaiable

I found that it would work if you put the printer name in
the options to lpr.  It would never work with the printer
defaulted.  I worked around it by changing some of the macros
in the a2ps config files to always use the printer name.  Not
a general fix, but it worked for me.

jim