IPFWADM Problems

Hello all,

I have a Debian system running kernel 2.0.38 that is supposed to be
acting as a router between two networks.  For the past many months,
we've had our nameserver doing the routing because it was far less
flaky.  We've fixed the problems in the hardware, finally, and would
like to go back to using the first box.  However, now we have some
problems.

Enabling IP Forwarding in the kernel does not allow packets to be
routed between interfaces.  I don't have any more information on
this, that's all there is.  From net-0 I can ping the net-0 side of
the router, but I can't ping the net-1 side of the router.  Both
network cards are hooked up and configured correctly.

Enabling IP Firewalling, flushing all the rules, and setting default
policy to accept also has no setting.  Once again, no error messages
anywhere - the box obviously thinks this is right.  I must have
missed something.

To make matters a bit weirder, IPX route happily between the
interfaces.  It's only IP that is causeing problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

CBrown

 Chris Brown       cbrown@seitz.com         !!! HELP FIGHT SPAM !!!

 Join; www.cauce.org  See; spam.abuse.net, spamsucks.com, www.cm.org