Re: installing debian

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, rodcostain wrote:

:Hello All;
:    I am a new person to the Debian Linux thing and would like to know
:about how to go about starting to install a Debian Linux system on my
:computer.  I have never tried any Linux system before but have heard
:good things about it.
:    I Partition Magic to format a partition on the drive to whatever
:format is required for Linux but am sorta stumped for if I re-format the
:drive to something windows can not see then how do I copy to this
:drive?  The same question applies for booting to a floppy doesn' it.
:    I am new at this sorta thing so....if anybody could help me out with
:some basic advice and directions I would really appreaciate it.
:
:Rod.
:
:
:

If you are new to Linux and Debian you should have a look at the
documentation at: http://www.debian.org/doc/ .

If you still have problem, write again to this list.

--
Mario Bertrand