Re:USB Support and SiS 6326 built in video

System
Celeron 333
96 MB RAM
2.1 GB Samsung HD
SiS 5595 Chipset  (66/100 MHz bus)

I am planning to buy a USB modem shortly.  Are there any plans to write
drivers for Linux any time soon?  I also cannot get the built-in SIS
6326 video to work properly in X-Windows.  Any ideas on this?  I'm using
Hamm.

Some USB support is available with Kernel 2.3.xx, currently somewhere around 46
or so. Kernel 2.4 apparently is delayed until Late summer for this and other
problems. There are several USB modems known to work, but it requires either
using Bleeding edge kernels, or back-patching the USB sources into a 2.2 kernel.
Your best bet is to get on the linux-usb mailing list, visit their site and get
VERY intimate with EXACTLY what hardware is on your motherboard. I did some
experimenting with USB, but there are two different hardware interfaces, and
have been a few different stack for each.

Don't let this scare you off. You can learn quite a lot from following the list
and compiling new kernels. Good luck!

Cheers,

     John Gay