Re: USB Support and SiS 6326 built in video

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Karl Gordon wrote:
> [snip] I also cannot get the built-in SIS 6326 video to work
> properly in X-Windows.  Any ideas on this?  I'm using Hamm.

Hi Karl

There was a not-very-long thread about a year ago on Debian-User
about this video card and chipset.

My student, Carl Mummert got a SiS6326 video card working with Slink
for me. I have attached a gzipped file describing what he did.

Please note that accelleration is not supported for this chipset by
XFree 3.3.3, which is what we used, in fact had to use when we
upgraded to Potato.

I hope this helps you.

"All standard disclaimers of responsibility for use of this
information apply. Your mileage may vary. Package filled by weight
not by volume. Settling may occur. May cause drowsiness. If itching
or redness occurs discontinue use:)"

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I'm hoping this is all of the above!)