Re: cron.daily isn't

Quoth kmself@ix.netcom.com,
> 'at' is a very useful one-time scheduler.  I use it frequently as an
> alternative to backgrounding stuff, say:

When my clock-radio broke recently, I started using at as an alarm
clock, setting it to play MP3s for me in the morning to wake me up (my
schedule isn't regular enough to warrant a cron job). Now if only they
could make at with a snooze button... :)

> As best I can tell, various of the scripts may be hanging or going
> zombie on me.  anacron may not want to run a second process when the
> first is still active.  Need to look into it.

I also have a problem on a slink system with a (at least one) cron.daily
job not running. It's a logcheck script, and runs fine when strated from
a shell prompt. There is no evidence anywhere what is going on - nothing
in the logs and nothing being mailed to me. All the paths and everything
are set in the script correctly, and I can't for the life of me work out
what the problem is.

I even tried adding `touch /var/tmp/blah' at the start of the file
(right after #!/bin/sh', but there is still no evidence it's running.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony

- Running Debian GNU/Linux: Doing my bit for World Domination (tm) -