Dual Ethernet Cards

I seem to be having trouble getting my second ethernet card to work.
(Linksys that should use the tulip driver in a PCI slot).  I have tried
several different configurations of both cards (the other is a generic
ISA NE2000) With the tulip driver listed in the conf.modules as eth0 I
"modprobe eth0".  The computer reports back:
"/lib/modules/2.2.14/net/tulip.o: init_module: Device or resource busy"
"cat /proc/pci" reports a Ethernet controller with Unknown device.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  I haven't as of yet taken the old
card out to eliminate a conflict.

Jason Laster