Re: can't display remote X jobs after potato

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 11:41:13AM -0600, hawk@hawkins.cba.uni.edu wrote:
> I'm sure it's just yet another one line config change to get my box working
> the way it was before the "upgrade,"  but this time I haven't been able
> to find it.
>
> Whether by passing xauthority, ssh, or plain old "xhost +", I can't get
> anything from a remote machine to display.  Jobs on this machine
> can display remotely.  I've tried displaying on my own box with FreeBSD,
> and on a redhat box.  I get the same errors with each:

I had a similar problem after doing an `apt-get dist-upgrade', with
/etc/apt/sources.list pointing to the X update for slink.

It turns out that xdm was upgraded, and my old config files were somehow
overwritten.  The one in question was /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess.  It is well
commented and you should be able to figure it out.  If not, let me know.

--
David Karlin
dkarlin@coloradomtn.edu