Re: ATI Video Card Support

Simply don't get any ATI cards unless you have to. They're overpriced
for their performance. They're slow in X compared to others. If you are
going to be doing just 2D and want great performance and great 2D
quality IMO Millenium G400 is the best choice right now. Strangely, but
support for 3D accelleration is there for ATI RagePro based cards and works quite
well for my 4M XL card. I am going to upgrade to G400 MAX since prices
on those are falling quite rapidly. G400 utah-glx support is nice
also, but since it's alpha I'd wait for XF86 4.0 before doing anything
serious with 3D.

--
Windows NT: n.
	32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit