Applixware 5

I have downloaded the RPMs for Applixware 5 and
converted these to .deb packages via alien.  Unfortunately,
Applix 5 does not run  properly (Applix 4 is fine).   I have
been in email correspondence with Applix, and purportedly
will get some information on a "fix".  Meanwhile, I have
heard that there are Debian current users out there who
have a working Applixware 5 beta.   If you do, please let
me know what you did, and how you configured either
Applixware and/or Debian (e.g., additional .deb files,
changes to PATH, etc.).

Thanks.

Yasha Karant
ykarant@csci.csusb.edu