Re: Is it possible to have isolatin on the shell?

Bruno Boettcher <bboett@erm1.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>this appeared when exchanging files with windows-users..... they are able to
>use the full isolatin charset when creating filenames, i can't... quite
>frustrating, i looked at the bash manpage, but could find nothing about the
>ability to use the iso-latin charset on the shell in general....
>it is surely a faq, but i didn't found correct pointers on the solution...

Add the following two lines to /etc/inputrc or ~/.inputrc:
set input-meta on
set output-meta on

Adding these might help too, though I haven't needed them:
set meta-flag on
set convert-meta off

Read /etc/inputrc and "man readline" or "info readline" for details.

Just setting your locale ("export LANG=fr") might also be enough, I'm
not sure.

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@lloke.dna.fi