rcS error on bootup --potato

Hi,
  I'm running potato, and on a vanilla install of it, I get the following error message:

/etc/init.d/rcS: /etc/rcS.d/S35devpts.sh: line 63: syntax error: unexpected end
of file

Anyone else have this problem, or know what's going on with it?  Perhaps I merely have to wait for a package update, but which package is this a part of?  Also, it seems to be breaking my clock, making it think that my hardware clock is set to GMT, and since I'm in EST, it corrects for this, putting me off about 9 hours.

Thanks in advance,

Mark