Re: TROUBLE: Linux on Dell PowerEdge 4300 / 550 with RAID

Thanks for your help,

but we were not able to install linux because we didnt see any disk for installing

in fact there are three controllers, two aha7800 which were both detected, one is connected to the cdrom, the other is dummy.
The third controller is the PERC-2 (not SC) pre-controller, which has connected all disks. In the BIOS of this Controller the six Harddisks are together in one 42gig RAID-5 container.

I hope this outlines the problem a little bit better.
The question is, how to get the disks ready for linux, which driver for the PERC-2 and perhaps which boot-parameter.

Looking forward for the answers,

Cheers, Manfred Knoke