Re: Strange LILO question

On 20/1/2000 Onno Ebbinge wrote:

Yes, that is what I ment, maybe I should put LILO on the
hard disk and then set the default boot to the hard disk
with an option to boot from A: ???

perhaps, i have never tried it on a floppy (did with a cd and it didnt work) you could add:

other=/dev/fd0
	label=floppy

to lilo.conf and run lilo WITH the floppy in the drive (otherwise it won't work)

 >you can however install lilo on a floppy and have it boot the hard disk.

Is there then realy no way to boot the floppy also WITH a DOS filesystem?
Probably not :-(

not with lilo, maybe with syslinux or something.

--
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/