Re: /etc/limits

On 10/1/2000 Jim B wrote:

If you're running potato then you'd probably want to use PAM and
/etc/security/limits.conf instead.

Look at the files themselves to see how they are set up.

I have figured out how to set these limits up well enough, but I have a related question, how can i set reasonable limits? what I mean is how can i set reasonable limits for a user that they will never even notice are there unless 1) they are intentionally trying to crash the machine or 2) unintentionally have a process go out of control. sort of analogous to the 5% limit on ext2fs reserved for root.

--
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/