How to customize the keyboard under X ?

Hi to all !

I need to customize the keyboard under X, but I am not able do it.
Without X (bash or csh), I usually use 'loadkeys <keys's binding file>',
and it works fine.
But when I start X, the loadkeys command loses his settings, and the
keyboard has got different keys's binding.
The only one terminal in X that works enough fine is 'rvxt' (icewm),
but anyway I have got some problems using 'joe' (the editor), especially
with the arrows keys, which they seem don't recognize my settings at
all.

Please help me !

Thanks.

Have a nice week-end to all. Bye bye.