Re: Problems after upgrading to potato

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 11:26:14AM -0500, Rajesh Radhakrishnan wrote:
> 1. My mouse doesn't work after I boot and start X windows.
>    I have to run gpm,gpm-mouse-test after I boot in to make
>    my mouse work.
>    Any ideas what I have to check in my init script so that
>    my mouse driver is installed at boot time.

I use slink and XFree86 3.3.5 for slink, so I might not be able to help.

Do you use gpm as a repeater?
Does it run (type "ps ax | grep gpm")?
Is it started from it´s /etc/init.d/gpm script through it´s link in
/etc/rcX.d/? Gpm should start during bootup.
Does this link exist in the directories for the appropriate runlevels?

What does the xserver say? If you use xdm there should be a file
/var/log/xdm.log. Or try to run "X -probeonly" and send us the output.

Jens