Third Party X Server

I've recently got a copy of XIG's Accelerated X, and I wanted to give it a
try on my Potato System, but before I do I wanted to check something.

Currently I'm using the XFree86 3.3.5 packages to provide X. If I de-install
these I'll end-up uninstalling all packages which depend on X. Not really
what I want.

So what's the best way to do this? Accelerated X as it's own install
procedure which appears to untar archives over the /usr/X11R6/ directory.

Paul
--
Paul Sargent
mailto: Paul.Sargent@3Dlabs.com