Re: Running X on a Diamond Stealth II S220

www.x11.org appears "defunct."

> There are, however, two that X11 packages that do support
> it, one that I don't want to pay $99 for, and the other, from SUSE.  However,
> I can't seem to find the driver on SUSEs ftp site.  Supposedly the server is
> called XFCom_Rendition.
>
> So... questions are:
>
> * Is this card supported by XFree yet, and just not listed?

It is supported ( XFree86, 3.3.5)  and listed  :

http://www.xfree86.org/cardlist.html

( The XFCom_Rendition was "wrapped" into XFree86)

You may get XFree86 and the XF86_SVGA  x-server at:

http://www.debian.org/~vincent

URI for apt-get :

deb http://www.debian.org/~vincent/ xfree-update main

Cheers,

--

Howard Mann                   Online Troubleshooting Resources: HOWTO
http://www.newbielinux.com    http://www.xmission.com/~howardm/t1.html