debhelper, potato sources on slink

Hi,

I tried to build several potato packages for my slink machine. This failed,
because some debhelper scripts were not available. After installing the
potato version of debhelper, it failed again, this time because some command
(it might have been "chown") did not support some command line option.

Under another subject this problem was mentioned recently, but the author
encountered problems related to debhelper and perl.

This suggest to me, that
1) dependencies of debhelper in potato are wrong
2) (some/all) potato sources are build with potato debhelper

Potato sources seem to be useless for slink installations.

Does anybody know how to deal with this?

Jens