Re: Can log in through....

I had this exact problem.  My solution, though not that elegant, did get
me back into the machine at the local console.  I simply logged in and
removed xdm, which spit me to the normal login screen and I was able to
fix the problems that I was encountering (namely a problem with
sawmill).  Hope this helps...

marc

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
 and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot
 of courage -- to move in the opposite direction"
					-Albert Einstien

"If we ban whatever offends any group in our diverse society
 we will soon have no art, no culture, no humour, no satire."
					-Erica Jong

chap0084@maroon.tc.umn.edu
Marc.D.Chapman-1@maroon.tc.umn.edu
lucretius@usa.net