Re: Wrong timestamp on modules.dep

*- On  2 Jan, John Dalbec wrote about "Wrong timestamp on modules.dep"
> My Hardware Clock is set to local time to keep another OS happy.
> /etc/rcS.d has
> S20modutils
> S50hwclock.sh
> (among others)
> so modules.dep is timestamped as though the Hardware Clock were set to GMT.
> I have kernel 2.2.13 and "RTC stores time in GMT" set to "no" under APM.
> Did I forget to set "thip crinkle and spoit" to "no"? :)

Nope, it is a bug in the Debian package setup.  If you wait to reboot
longer than your GMT offset then you won't get the warning, =).
See the bug report at http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/53/53247.html.

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.