Re: On-line help

"Eric G . Miller" wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 01, 2000 at 09:06:51AM -0600, Don Cavaiani wrote:
<snip>
> > new subject:  does anyone know if I can get the Zoom 56K PCI faxmodem -
> > model 2925L to work under Linux?  If so, is there a special trick?
>
> Buy a new modem! (PCI modem == Winmodem)

Not necessarily.  There are PCI modems that are known to be actual hardware
modems listed at http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html  Granted they are
few and far between, but they do exist.

Having said that, the Zoom modem asked about is indeed listed as being a
Winmodem.  So in this case, a new modem is in order.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"