a couple of questions

Hi! I just wanted to ask a couple of questions:

1. I just installed a compatible soundcard and I want to know how to make debian recognize it.

2. I just recently installed a new browser netscape 407 but when I try to launch it nothing happens. I even tried installing mosaic too but mosaic is not visible in my gnome desktop environment. I do not know whats wrong can somebody please advice?

3. is there a command to see packages that are available in the debian ftp server after apt-get update?

thanks for any help.