Re: Netscape

Bart Szyszka wrote:

> > There is more than one route to installing Netscape/Communicator.  I was
> > simply trying to state that the method hypnos had described (Using
> > 'netscape4', preferably after reading the directions, say under
> > 'dselect') was in fact one of the *correct* ways of doing so because
> > someone stated that it wasn't *correct.* There very well may be methods
> > more preferable that using the Debian Netscape installer as described

> What I described WAS a way of doing it in Debian. 'apt-get install >netscape'
> downloaded everything and installed it. I didn't have to deal with >tarballs
> or anything like that. Maybe that's something that Potato has, but Slink
> doesn't?

Look it wasn't my intention to start some kind of mild flame.  I was not
negating anything that was said in your mail other than the statement
that went something like 'I don't think this is correct... (referring to
the mail by hypnos)'  I just wanted to point out that the person
"hypnos" had a *correct* way AS well as yourself.  The way the mail was
written it was saying hypnos did not have a correct way. That is false.
I realized you had a *correct* way so I included phrases in the above
mail such as, "There is more than one route to installing
Netscape/Communicator." and "There very well may be methods more
preferable...."  I hope that clears up the misunderstanding.  If it
doesn't it really isn't worth thinking any more about:)
kent