Re: where is /dev/mouse???

what you need to do is
#ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse
this is assuming your mouse is a ps2 mouse

-- Nathan York
craz@fuct.dhs.org

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Kris Prieb wrote:

> Here is my problem.  I have just finished installing Debian/GNU Linux
2.1 on my Pentium II machine and have begun to install and configure X.
When I try to execute 'startx' I get the error output listed below.  It
appears that 'startx' requires the device file '/dev/mouse'  I think this
file was supposed to have been created during my Debian installation but
somehow it  wasn't.  Anyone know where I slipped up during the
installation and whether or not I can correct the problem without
reinstalling?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.