Re: Netscape

Bart Szyszka wrote:

> > What hypnos wrote is correct.  The Debian Netscape installer is called
> > 'netscape4' you do install the tar ball while in /tmp.
> Hmm... I think it's the netscape package that I used and I didn't need to
> put any tarballs anywhere. This was for Netscape 4.61. And for
> Netscape Communicator, I just downloaded the communicator-*-47
> packages and didn't need to do anything with tarballs either.

There is more than one route to installing Netscape/Communicator.  I was
simply trying to state that the method hypnos had described (Using
'netscape4', preferably after reading the directions, say under
'dselect') was in fact one of the *correct* ways of doing so because
someone stated that it wasn't *correct.* There very well may be methods
more preferable that using the Debian Netscape installer as described
but that installer does in fact work as hponos described, or as I'm
thinking he/she described:) I'm still a little brain dead from last
night:) That is under Slink, haven't been into Potato yet.
kent