Re: Cant save my xf86config file, in user mode......

Quoting David Peterson (david@online.de):
> Hi!
> Cant save my xf86config file, in user mode, says that I need to be root to
> save,

Fair enough, /etc files are protected from being changed by
users (and some from even being read).

> but when I try to open any file in root mode, for example the
> xf86config file, I cant....

Then the file you are trying to "open" probably doesn't exist.
Is that what it tells you?

Tell us what you type and what the system replies. By all means
mangle any passwords you have to type to become root.
And be careful - you must be doing something very wrong as root
and that could be dangerous.

Cheers,