Re: Kernel-Package v6.27

On 11/12/99 wb4mle@mindspring.com wrote:

I compiled a new kernel (2.3.31) with Potato(current) kpkg and the
resulting .deb package says it installed fine but did not redirect the
vmlinuz link. Just changing this symlink won't boot system. Not sure
where to hunt "bug".

yes I noticed this too, kernel packages are supposed to move an existing vmlinuz to vmlinuz.old but it does not seem to do that, this means the automatic lilo update fails.

now you have to setup the symlinks manually and run lilo manually.

the bug is probably in the postinst script (perl) for the kernel package in /var/lib/dpkg/info/kernel-image-2.X.XX.postinst

Ethan