Re: Athlon and debian

to save yourself a lot of trouble id reccomend installing debian on
another box, upgrade the kernel, take the hd out and slap it in the
athlon.

nate

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Jose L Gomez Dans wrote:

j.l.go >Hi!
j.l.go >	We're buying an Athlon based system. I'd like to use Debian with it,
j.l.go >but it looks as if that won't be as simple as advertised :) I am aware that
j.l.go >I'd need a newer kernel (2.2.13ish) in order to boot. I can possibly do that
j.l.go >now (else, I'll beg for one :D), even though it's  gonna be too big for 1
j.l.go >disk (I recall someone mentioned that). I just wanted to know if there are
j.l.go >any other things one should be aware of in this installation procedure.
j.l.go >Ideally, I'd like to install over ftp. I'd really like to go into potato
j.l.go >straight away, as the graphics card will not be supported by  XF86 3.3.2
j.l.go >(?). So far, I have installed slink and apt-get upgrade-ed it as necessary.
j.l.go >Is there a better way?
j.l.go >
j.l.go >	Has someone got any "success stories" about Debian and Athlon?
j.l.go >
j.l.go >		Thanks,
j.l.go >		Jose
j.l.go >--
j.l.go >Jose L Gomez Dans			PhD student
j.l.go >					Radar & Communications Group
j.l.go >					Department of Electronic Engineering
j.l.go >					University of Sheffield UK
j.l.go >
j.l.go >
j.l.go >--