Deactivate sunrpc service

Hi,

 Using strobe I can check that i'm using the sunrpc service:

sunrpc             111/tcp portmapper    # RPC 4.0 portmapper TCP

 I don't need it and don't know how to remove it!
 I already commented all the lines referring to it on /etc/inetd.conf
and even also removed all daemons.

 Meanwhile it is still working - I didn't forgot to do: killall -HUP inetd

 Is there any idea to remove such service from my machine ?

 Thanks.
 Best regards,
   Nuno Carvalho

P.S: PLEASE, reply to me since I'm not subscribed on this mailing list.