Re: lost HDD space

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 01:58:28PM +0000, debian@kirks.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an 8.5 Gig HDD but my total partition space
> comes to only 7.2 Gigs.  Id there a way for me to
> create a new partition to use the missing 1.3 Gigs.
>
> I've been using SAMBA to copy my kids games to the
> Linux server and run them from the network instead
> of the CD drive.  Great speed but I'm running out
> of space :-(
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Patrick
>

> PS - just thought that there are two 125 MB swap
> partitions so that's 250 accounted for.

man fdisk
man mount
man mke2fs

--
"I already have all the latest software."
     -- Laura Winslow, "Family Matters"

Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@cheerful.com

Advertising Policy: http://DLitzPower.tripod.com/spamoff.htm
GnuPG Public Key:   http://DLitzPower.tripod.com/gpgkey.asc
     Fingerprint:   0535 F7CF FF5F 8547 E5A5 695E 4456 FB6C BC39 A4B0