Re: Gibberish on switching X to console

   Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 17:06:11 +0100
   From: "Remco van 't Veer" <rveer@cable.a2000.nl>
   Cc: Anthony Campbell <a.campbell@doctors.org.uk>,
	   Debian-User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

   I had a similar problem with S3 ViRGE with XF86_SVGA, the console
   character set got f****d up after switching from X to a VC.  I used to
   fix this by running "setfont" (from the kdb package) after every
   switch..

Hmm.  This is the setup I use and see no such problems.  Try the latest
server maybe.  I do get some wierd intermitent character corruption in
16 bpp though.  The _only_ fix for this without logging out seems to be
swapping VCs and back then running xrefresh.  Oh well...

pjr