killing a process

Hi there!

I've a little problem: a process (some diff) that just won't die.

I've tried
kill -s SIG <pid>
with SIG = 2,3,6,9,14 and 15 but it is still there.

This process accesses /mnt/md5/ and I cannot remount it ro. (I thought
I should always be allowed to rmount,ro something??)

Any ideas how I can get rid of this process?

Thanks In Advance.

PS: Yes, I could reboot the box but I don't want to.

Peter Palfrader

--
Weasel                            http://www.cosy.sbg.ac.at/~ppalfrad/
PGP/GPG encrypted messages prefered. See my site or finger -l ppalfrad