Re: Bug submission

Quoting Jordi (jordi@sindominio.net):
> On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 12:15:40PM +0000, David Wright wrote:
> > Quoting Jordi (jordi@sindominio.net):
> > > Hello, last night I submitted a bug report for gfcc, and "bug" used one old
> > > email address.
> > > My address was before jordi-sd@softhome.net and now it's
> > > jordi@sindominio.net.
> > >
> > > bug sent the bug report as "jordi@softhome.net". I have looked around to see
> > > where it got this information from, but I couldn't find anything.
> > >
> > > Where does "bug" get my email address? (hint, no $EMAIL in profile or
> > > whatever, at least it's not set atm)
> >
> > Well this message that I'm responding to has a Message-ID:
> > which reads Message-ID: <[🔎] 19991123102709.A927@softhome.net>
> > so I guess you might be posting through that machine.
>
> Hrm... that's true, I hadn't noticed. Worst is that I don't know where this
> comes from. Sendmail doesn't know anything about softhome (apparently). At
> least nothing in sendmail.cf, aliases or whatever.
>

> > (Don't look too closely at my Message-ID; it's presently being
> > set wrongly!)
>
> Do you know how to actually set it? That'd help me a lot, I guess.

Well I think I've cracked the problem for myself (but I've not
corrected it yet as you can see). You might try putting set hostname
in your .muttrc, but if you look at the mutt manual entry for this
variable, you'll see that in its absence, mutt gets the domain name
from /etc/resolv.conf . The relevant line is

search . open ac uk
domain open.ac.uk

oops, and there's my problem. Who wrote that?!

Anyway, see if you've got      search softhome.net
in your /etc/resolv.conf and, if that's correct for you,
add whatever you want in .muttrc .

But be warned, sindominio.net does not resolve for me (and
hasn't all day).

Cheers,