Re: Broken web browsing

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Tom Allard wrote:

m1tca0 >One other thing I failed to mention: I have apache installed (to give them
m1tca0 >a nice customized home page as well as easy access to docs via dwww) and I
m1tca0 >*can* browse http://localhost/ .

check firewall rules, check if there is a proxy server
installed/confingured, check to see if you NEED to use a proxy for
mindspring(doubt it, but worth looking into) most proxys are setup for
port 80 only which may explain why everything but http works.  also check
to see if netscape is configured to use a proxy, also try to telnet to the
sites on port 80.

nate