(solved) Making CDs with rsync

Just in case anyone cares ;-) I would strongly recommend against using the pseudo-image / rsync method for making ISO files of the slink install CDs. I went through the whole process, and ran into a raft of problems. The first being that most of the archive site listed at deian.org have changed structure, so it was dificult to assmble the package info, and even harder find something to rsync them to.  Second, the actuall packages seemed to have changed from file lists used to assemble the pseudo-image, which results is a huge number of warrnings, and a long rsync time. Finally even with multiple syncs the check sums don't match, and the CD's are un-usable, they boot fine, however most of the packages are empty files. Anyway, the solution to my problem was to give up, and download the ISOs.
R.