Re: Slrnpull error

* David J Kanter <djkanter@nwu.edu> writes:

> For some reason, when I try to run slrn --spool, I get this error message:
> slrn fatal error:
> slrn: pid 1549 is locking the newsrc file.

> For this reason, I guess, nothing shows up in the spooled slrn window. What
> can I do to fix this?

What process is this? Type

   ps j1549

If that process isn´t running anymore, it died without having time to
remove that lock, and you can remove the lock file by hand (somewhere
in /var/lock/, usually a file with this process ID in it).

If the process is running, it´s maybe a daemon. Tell us.

HTH,
  Colin