Re: Mgetty not connecting at 56 Kbs

livingston portmaster kicks some serious ass ..  ascend max 4000 isnt so
bad either. i use both.

nate

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999, Nathan E Norman wrote:

finn >On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 iehrenwald@earthlink.net wrote:
finn >
finn > :
finn > :
finn > : On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
finn > :
finn > : > 	Hi,
finn > : > 	I'm building an ISP and I have 56 Kbs modem's and configured mgetty but
finn > : > I cant connect with my clients above 31200 kbs.
finn > : > 	What can be wrong?
finn > :
finn > : Right.  You cannot do 56k <-> 56k using modems.  You have to have
finn > : USR/3Com's specialized hardware rack modem setup in order to do 56k to
finn > : your customers.  Unless you invest in one of these, you will only connect
finn > : at 33600 maximum.
finn >
finn >Naturally you can invest in ANY manufacturer's digital modem equipment
finn >and do 56k; USR doesn't have a monopoly.  We use Nortel's RAC-8000, I
finn >don't recommend that product however :)
finn >
finn >Has anyone recommendations for or against other equipment?
finn >
finn >--
finn >Nathan Norman
finn >MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD
finn >mailto:finn@midco.net           http://www.midco.net
finn >finger finn@home.midco.net for PGP Key: (0xA33B86E9)
finn >
finn >