Re: /dev/sda1 or /dev/sda4 with ZIP disks

Andresito del Hierro wrote:

> I have read everywhere that all the ZIP disks are formated /dev/sda4
> but I got a bunch of ZIPs that are /dev/sda1, that is no problem at
> all, but only curious about that. I also saw that JAZIP does not read
> them, but I guess is only that I have not set up the conf. file
> correctly.

jaZip should read them whether they have partition /dev/sda1 or
/dev/sda4 if you can mount them manually already (meaning you
have proper kernel support).  Please try `/usr/sbin/jazipconfig'
to create your /etc/jazip.conf and report any bugs.  The format
is simple:

# Configuration file for jaZip
#
# Raw Device         Mount Point                  Read but ignored
  /dev/sda              /zip                      auto    auto        0 0

Peter, your friendly Debian jazip package maintainer