Re: Fw: Well, Corel is out

I think you can take an iso file and use a loopback
file system to create a filesystem image of the .iso
without actually burning it. (under linux).  There is
something like that that enables you to test a cd
image before burning it.  See the cdrecord man pages I
guess.

As far as Corel linux is concerned I just tried to
install it twice.  Didn't get too far.  The machine
was an old P100.  It had an S3 video card and a serial
mouse.  Corel detected the card ok, but never found
the mouse.  Made navigating the install windows a
pain!  I couldn't get past the partition hard disk
step, couldn't figure out how to set up the
partitions.  So I did an <alt><f1> and landed in a
bash prompt.  Ran fdisk by hand to delete all previous
partitions.  Rebooted and got to the select let corel
use all the available disk space.  Clicked on (well
tabed to) install and hit return.  Nothing happend.
Just sat there!  totally useless.

--- Bart Szyszka <bart@gigabee.com> wrote:
> > I just popped the corel cd out of the burner and
> put
> > in in by cd drive.  Hey I can read it! (it
> actually
> > burned!)  Would you believe they DID NOT include
> > EMACS! (it's not in the packages.gz file anyway).
> > Guess they had a size problem.  I'll try
> installing on
> > the spare computer (wipe out RedHat) later.
> Meanwhile
> > I'm exploring the cd.
>
> Any idea if there might be a program for Windows for
> me to
> be able to open up the ISO without needing to burn
> it to a CD?
> I'm just about ready to give up on my problems with
> getting
> Debian to work and Corel sounds like the next best
> thing.
>
> --
> Bart Szyszka bart@gigabee.com ICQ:4982727
> B Grafyx http://www.bgrafyx.com